This post is brought to you by Family Search. View the original post here.
RootsTech 2018 is just around the corner, and you will not want to miss it. Even if you cannot attend in person, there are still many ways to be part of this uplifting and educational family history experience.
Here are a few ways you can participate, be inspired, and get help in your calling as a temple and family history consultant.
If you’re attending in person:
- Obtain a discounted pass. Discounted passes are still available for temple and family history consultants to attend RootsTech, held February 27–March 3, 2018, at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City. Use the promo code 18CALLING to reserve your pass for the full conference. A full conference pass gives you access to over 300 classes, including 17 classes designed specifically for temple and family history consultants.
- Attend Family Discovery Day. At Family Discovery Day, held Saturday, March 3, 2018, you can hear the keynote address from President and Sister Oaks, visit the Expo Hall, and attend some classes. Family Discovery Day is free, but registration is required to attend. Please register here.
- Sign up for a personalized family history experience. As a temple and family history consultant, you are invited to meet with a representative from the Family History Department, who will prepare a discovery experience just for you. The representative will also share ideas and insights for teaching family history to others. Sign up for your one-on-one experience here.
If you’re participating online:
- Watch the family history leadership session. The leadership session features messages specifically for you from Elder Quentin L. Cook and Elder Dale G. Renlund as well as from other General Authorities and Church leaders. You can watch this session live on Thursday, March 1, 2018, at 7:00 p.m. mountain standard time on LDS.org. After the live session, a recording will be available on LDS.org and RootsTech.org.
- Watch the Family Discovery Day keynote address. President and Sister Oaks will give their address live on LDS.org on Saturday, March 3. Recordings of this session will also be available on LDS.org and RootsTech.org after the event.
- Watch the live stream daily. Join in on several of RootsTech’s best class sessions with the daily live stream on RootsTech.org. A select number of sessions will be streamed online each day of the conference.
“…first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf Most members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have a friend or a loved one ...
SALT LAKE CITY | Saturday, 24 February 2018 | Thousands of family history enthusiasts will meet in Salt Lake City for the largest genealogy conference in the world. ...